Announcing the ONLY complete Muir Valley Guide Book. An all new, accurate, and up-to-date guide for the Red’s most popular climbing area.
Until now, information on Muir Valley’s climbs, approach trails, and amenities has been missing, inaccurate, and/or considerably outdated. Since its inception, Muir has grown into the busiest privately-owned climbing venue in North America with 40,000+ climbing visits annually. To provide climbers—especially those here for the first time—with much-needed information about the Preserve, a comprehensive, full-color, 128-page guide has just been released (February 2015) with a refreshingly new, revolutionary look and feel not seen in other climbing guides.
• Conveniently sized at a compact 4 x 6 inches. Easily tucked away in a pocket or pack.
• Layout designed for fast, efficient accessing of the approach and route information you need. No advertisements. No filler fluff.
• No tedious cross-referencing between route beta text and photos or maps. All the info you really need is right there next to the climb’s location on a highly-detailed, accurate map of the cliff contours drawn to exacting scale.
• Includes the very popular Muir Valley Route Matrix to help you quickly identify and locate your routes.
• Rugged and weather resistant. Printed on thick, synthetic water-proof paper.
• Spiral bound to stay open at your chosen page. Flip it open to one of Muir’s 29 walls, set it down on a rock, and it stays put, ready for quick referencing.
Written and illustrated by Rick Weber, co-founder and former owner of Muir Valley. After selling his publishing company in 2008 and retiring, Rick still finds time to write, illustrate, and publish books on technical subjects such the Technical Rescue books now used worldwide by Rescue 3 International, Sierra Rescue, and others. He also writes and illustrates for the American Alpine Club and numerous technical journals and periodicals. Rick's technical illustrations have appeared in hundreds of publications over the past 50 years.
100% of the proceeds go to maintain Muir Valley.
Muir Valley Pocket Guide is now available for $20 At Miguels Gear Shop. Skybridge Station, Torrent Falls Via Ferrata, J & H Sporting Goods, and on line at Amazon (Click here)
These Pocket Guides will also be available in the Muir Valley Parking Lot when a FOMV representative is available to handle the transaction for $18.87 + $1.13 KY sales tax.
100% of the proceeds from this book goes to maintain Muir Valley.